I’d like to share a post I read over at Sacred Mists, entitled Be Gentle With One Another. A list of affirmations.
1. Never jump to conclusions.
2. Always give the benefit of the doubt.
3. Make constructive criticism the only criticism you will give.
4. Always give a second chance.
5. Find forgiveness in your heart, no matter the issue.
6. Recognize that everyone makes mistakes, even yourself.
7. Always treat others how you wish to be treated.
8. Never forget to place yourself in the other person’s shoes, even if just for a moment.
9. Recognize that we all carry baggage. Don’t make yours someone else’s.
10. Recognize that we have all come to Mother Earth to learn our life lessons. You can choose to help those who are learning, or reject them when their lessons become hard to deal with.
11. Always give importance to yourself in every situation, but not so much that it removes compassion and understanding.
12. Open yourself to the love and harmony that is offered within your spiritual path.
13. Remove yourself from any place or person where you find yourself incapable of being loving and nurturing, but always recognize that it is your issue and not their own.
14. No one can do anything to you that you do not allow them to do, consciously or subconsciously.
15. We are all complete with perfection and faults that balance us into imperfect beings.
16. To dislike, hate, or otherwise reject one whom you feel wronged by is to reject your own ability to learn lessons that are being presented to you.
17. Be a positive influence.
18. The old adage, “if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all” holds true in all group settings, at a minimum. Create a “safe haven” experience wherever you are. Be a part of holding that philosophy in every interaction.
19. Love. Simply love. Yourself, and others.
20. Be the change you want to see in the world.